New Missouri Child Support Guidelines Take Effect January 2009
On October 8, 2009 the Supreme Court of Missouri issued an order repealing the current child support guidelines and the formula for calculating the child support amount (Civil Procedure Form 14); and ordered new child support guidelines to take effect as of January 1, 2009.
The changes to the child support guidelines include the following:
- Credit to paying parent for other children in their custody means other children primarily residing with that parent.
- Increase in the amount of income for the custodial parent in order for the non-custodial parent to claim a credit for nights of overnight parenting time
- Definition of split custody means when one or more, but not all, of the children primarily reside with each of the parents
- One factor for consideration to deviate from the presumed amount of support based on income increases from $20,000 to $30,000
- Assumption that non-duplicated fixed expenditures percentage of the basic child support amount does not vary even with split custody
- Maximum credit for overnights on line 11 is 34%
- 2007 Child Care Tax Credit Table Incorporated
- Increase in Basic Support Amount schedule
- New Form 14