Knowledge. Integrity. Experience.

What if I want to relocate with the children after my divorce?

In Missouri, after a custody order is entered, a party having custody cannot relocate without first notifying the other parent. If the other parent does not object in court in the time required, and the moving parent has met all statutory requirements, then the parent may relocate. However, if the other parent timely objects, then the court will conduct a hearing to determine whether it is in the best interests of the children to relocate. Also, the children cannot be moved out of Missouri while a case is pending, absent agreement or order of the court.

Mark A. Wortman

Mark A. Wortman's Profile Image
Kansas City family law attorney Mark A. Wortman handles only divorce and family law matters, and practices only in the State of Missouri. Due to this specialty, Mark Wortman has handled thousands of Missouri divorce and family cases and has practiced… Read More